Setting privacy on Facebook helps you to hide your posts and details from people with whom you don’t want to share your details with.
When you share status updates, photos and other things you post, you’ll find an option of audience selector tool there. Go to the tool and select who you want to share your post with. It will remember the audience you selected last time and will use the same audience when you share again unless you change it. You can find this tool in multiple places, like privacy shortcuts and privacy settings. Making changes to the audience selector tool in one place will apply the changes everywhere the updates tool appears.
This tool also appears alongside things you’ve already shared. Therefore, you can select who can see each post. Also after sharing a post, you can change who it is shared with. You can even change the audience of a post after you’ve shared it, go to the audience selector and change the audience.
You can view and adjust your privacy settings any time you want. To view and adjust your privacy settings, see below steps:
- Click at the top right of Facebook. Click on Settings.
- Select the Privacy option on the left column.
For the things you share on Facebook, you can select the audience even before you share that post.
What privacy shortcuts are available?
Privacy shortcuts give you quick access to some of the most commonly used privacy settings and tools. Click at the top of the page and then go to Privacy Shortcuts to find shortcuts that are useful in managing. Some of the privacy shortcuts are:
- Who can see my stuff?
- Who can contact me?
- How do I stop someone from bothering me?
Here you’ll find the latest privacy updates and many helpful tools. These shortcuts may change over time to show the settings and tools that are most relevant.
How to find Privacy Checkup on Facebook?
Using privacy Check-up, you can review who can see your posts and information such as your phone number and email address from your profile. You can see your settings for apps you’ve logged into with Facebook.
Use below steps to go to Privacy Checkup:
- Click at the top of any page on Facebook.
- Click on Privacy Checkup.
Using the Limit Past Posts tool in your account settings, you can adjust the audience of many posts at a time. After limiting past posts, the audience of all your previous Facebook posts will get changed. Follow these steps to use this tool:
- Click at the top right of Facebook and go to Settings.
- Click Privacy.
- Go to the setting Limit the audience for posts you’ve shared with friends of friends or Public? Click Limit Past Posts to the far right.
- Click Limit Past Posts to confirm.
Before applying Limit past post option, make sure that:
- To undo this action in the future, you’ll have to adjust the audience of each individual post. Limiting the audience of your previous posts takes some step.
- In case, you have shared a previous post with a custom audience, this tool will not change the audience for those past posts.
- If you tagged someone in the post, the audience of the post will still include the person you tagged and people they include in posts they’re tagged in.
- This tool only controls the audience for posts that are shared by you and not the ones in which you are tagged in someone else’s post. It will be controlled by that user only.
This was a short description about privacy on Facebook.
Read more: facebook marketplace not working