Registries are an essential part of Windows. Among the other things, registries contain the information and the settings for the programs and other hardware installed on your windows. You can understand it only by the next sentence: whenever you install a program on your windows, a new subkey adds to the Windows registry that contains the location, version, etc. about the program. So, if mess with your windows registry, it has some severe consequences. That is the reason why many people want to disable network access to the Windows registry. Doing this block others from editing your Windows Registries.
When you are trying to disable network access to the windows registry, you should always keep it in your mind that you can disable users from accessing the registries, but at least one account should have access to the windows registry in to make further changes in your Windows Registries. Make sure that you are following the instructions properly because if you misuse the settings of the registry, then your system may become unstable.
Ways to disable network access to Windows registry:
Before making changes in your Windows Registry, you need to check these things:
- If the user account that you are login is a standard account then, you need to switch to the administrator. Doing this can only make you able to make changes in your registry.
- Use the same account to sign-in for which you want to make changes.
Now you are ready to make changes in your Windows registry.
Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the start icon at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Now you can see windows In the search area provided, type Regedit. Hit Enter if asked to make changes in the registry and then you asked to permit making changes to your PC.
- After you have entered the registry editor, please navigate to the following path(you can do it with the help of sidebar): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
- Right-click on the System key and click on New DWORD (32-bit) value from the context menu. Assign Disable Registry Tools name to this value.
- Double-click on the Disable Registry Key. Then Properties of this option open.
- In the Value data box, change the value from 0 to 1. Then, click on, OK.
- Now, quit the Registry Editor.
How to disable network access to windows registry for Pro and Enterprise users:
The users of Windows Pro and the enterprise version can follow the instructions mentioned in this section to disable network access to the Windows registry. If you are one such user, you should know that Local Group Policy Editor is used to disable network access to the Windows registry. But it would help if you kept it in your mind that Group Local Policy Editor has tremendous powers. Before following the steps mentioned below, you should be aware of the features of the Local Group Editor Policy. Now follow the steps mentioned below to make the changes that you want:
- After you have created the MSC file for controlling policies. Search for this file using the search bar in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Then, double-click on that file to open it.
- Once the Group Editor Window has opened on the screen. In the left panel, click on the option User Configuration and then click on Administrative Templates.
- After the Administrative Templates have expanded, click on the option System.
- Double-click on the option Prevent Access to Registry Editing tools. You can find this option on the right side of the screen.
- The Properties window opens on the screen. Here, click on the Enable option that is available on the left side of the screen.
- On the left side of the screen, there is an option disable regedit from running silently. Make sure that the button under this option set to Yes.
- After done with this procedure, click on Yes at last.
- Now you should close the Local Group Policy Editor. The changes made by you are taking place immediately.
How to disable network access to windows registry using One-Click registry hack:
In case you don’t want to go through these complicated steps to change registry settings. You can use the One-Click registry hack. There are two registry hacks available: one hack is to disable access to registry editor while the other enables access to the registry editor. Follow the steps mentioned below to make these changes using the One-Click hack:
- Switch to an administrator account if you are using a standard account.
- You have to sign in using the same user account for which you want to make changes in your registry.
- Double-click on the hack you want to use (whether you want to enable or disable the access to your registry editor).
- Then, follow further prompts to make the changes in the registry that you want to make.
- Sign out of the account that you were using.
- Then, sign in using your administrative account.
- Now the account for which you made the changes should be changed to a regular account.
In this article, we have mentioned every possible way to disable network access to the windows registry in detail. In case you find any difficulty in doing so, you may contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have a team of experts to deal with all of your issues related to phones and PCs.
Read more. How to cite Google maps