Gmail users might want to change their password for several reasons such as security against hacking. Since you can access you Gmail account on various devices and phones, the procedure for changing password is also different for each device. If you are using iPhone and want to change Gmail password on iPhone, you can do it in very easy simple steps. In this article, we have discussed some easy steps to change Gmail password on iPhone.
Method to change Gmail password on iPhone:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone. Click on the menu icon represented by three lines.
- Go to settings and click on your account.
- Select the option- manage your Google account.
- Go to personal info at the top.
- From the profile section, go to Password and click on it.
- Now Create a new password. Re-enter the new password to confirm.
- Click on Change password.
Steps to change Gmail password on iPhone via web browser
Follow these steps discussed below to change your Gmail password on iPhone via web browser:
- Open the Gmail account login page through Gmail website. Enter your Gmail address in the section “Email or phone”. Click on Next to continue.
- Put your mobile number to get verification code. This will be required while changing Gmail password.
- Enter your linked phone number in the required field.
- Click on the button “Send text message”. Gmail will send you a verification code on the phone number you have given. Enter this code in the required field to verify your phone number.
- If you have not linked your phone number with your Gmail account or if you can’t access the linked phone number, then you have other options also to change the password. Click on “Try a different question”.
- Enter another email address that you can access easily. You will get a verification code on that email address. Enter this code in the field provided to change Gmail password iPhone.
- After entering the correct code received on your phone number or the alternate Email address, Gmail will transfer you to password recovery page to reset password of Gmail on iPhone.
- Now Create a strong password and re-enter it to confirm.
- After successfully changed your Gmail password, try to login with the new password.
Another option is to change the password using the Mail, Contacts, Calendars section also. See these steps:
- Open the settings on your iPhone.
- Click on “Mail, Contacts, calendars”.
- Click on to your Gmail account and go to account settings.
- Go to Account.
- Select the option Password and enter the new password.
- Click on Done.
You can also do password recovery by answering security questions. These questions can be regarding your date of birth or when you logged in last time. If you answer them correctly, you will be directed to the password recovery page.
If still you have any problem, you can take the help of customer support.
Read more…. Recover deleted Gmail account