As you know, Google Chrome is the king of browsers. But, it is also true that Google Chrome does not always close. Entirely either when you exit from the Chrome browser. Sometimes, there are few extensions and Add-ons which are responsible for keeping your browser. Active when you closed the Chrome browser.
The issue “continue running background apps when Google Chrome close” mainly occurs when the Google settings are not configured correctly or due to extensions and add-ons on Chrome.
If you are suffered from the issue “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed,” then we are providing you solutions to fix this issue.
Methods to fix the issue “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome close”:
Some method gives below to fix this issue:
1. Correct Google settings:
It is possible that the issue “background apps continuously running” is occurring due to the wrong Google settings. So, to fix this error, you need to fix the Goggle settings.
Follow the steps given below to configure the settings of Google Chrome:
- At first, you need to open the Google Chrome browser in your device.
- Now, click on the hamburger menu (the three dots) that appeared on the top of the right side corner of the Chrome page.
- After that, you need to click on the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu of the hamburger menu.
- Then click on the option named “Advanced” from the list of the drop-down menu of the Settings option.
- After that, a new window opens, and you need to locate the “Advanced” option and click on it.
- Now, go to the “System” section and Turn off the option “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed” by click on the switch.
- Then, restart the Chrome browser and checked the problem is solved or not.
If the error persists, then try the next solution.
2. Disabling Chrome:
This error may arise in your system if you are enabling the Chrome browser notifications in your system. So, you need to disable Chrome from your system.
Follow the steps given below to disable the Chrome:
- At first, you need to press Windows + R key to open the Run Box in your system.
- Then type “MSConfig” in the search bar of the Run box and then press the Enter key to open the System configuration in your system.
- After that, you need to select the “Startup tab” and then click on the option “Open task manager” under the System Configuration window.
- After that, you need to right-click on the Google Chrome and then click on the “Disable” option from the drop-down menu of Google Chrome.
If the issue “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome close” persists in your system, then move towards the next option.
3. Creating a task killer for Chrome:
If you are still facing that issue in your device. Then, we suggest you create a task killer for Chrome in your system to remove this issue.
To do this, go through the steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to press the Windows + R key to open the Run dialog box in your system and then type “notepad” in the search bar of the Run box, and press Enter key to open Notepad in your system.
- Type the code “Taskkill / IM chrome.exe /F” inside the Notepad.
- After entering that code, you need to go to the “file” menu of the Notepad and then select the “save as” option to save the file.
- After saving that file, you need to change the extension from “.txt” To “.bat” and then click on the save button and close the Notepad from your system.
- Again, press Windows + R key to open the Run box in your system and then type “shell: startup” in the address bar of the Run box and press the Enter key to open the Startup folder.
- After that, you need to paste “.bat file” in the startup folder.
We discussed in this content about the solutions to the issue “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome close.” You can quickly solve this issue by applying those above solutions, or if this error still occurs, then you can call us. We have a team of experts who helps you to resolve your issue.
Read more. Combine videos on YouTube