Among the millions of games today, Final Fantasy is still one of the best. This game holds the title for one of the best games of all times when it comes to role-playing games. This game has given so many new things to the gaming industry. Even at this time, it is one of the most preferred games for gamers. But there are several players who face issues related to this game. Many users have reported the ffxiv unable to download patch files issue on the internet. If you are one such user finding solutions to your ffxiv unable to download patch files 30413 issues, this article is for you. Here, we will mention every possible solution to your problem. Just go through this article carefully.
Causes of this problem:
There are many causes of this issue but we are mentioning some of the most common ones below:
- It may be caused due to some error in the server of the VPN.
- Malware present in your system may corrupt the files of ffxiv.
- Modifying the settings of the Firewall can cause this issue.
- This error can happen if you are using an outdated version of Windows on your PC.
- If you have set strong security in your browser, that may block the files from being downloaded.
- You have not registered your IP address to download the files of ffxiv and that may become a reason behind this issue. If this is the case, you can solve it by talking to your internet service provider.
Disable the third-party anti-virus software that you have installed on your PC:
- Many times it has been found that users face the ffxiv unable to download patch files issue when they have some anti-virus software installed on their PC. If you have installed such an anti-virus program on your PC, try to download the patch files after you have disabled the anti-virus program on your PC. Steps to disable that program depends on the software that you are using or find the application that you want to disable and right-click on it. Then, select the option Disable from the context menu.
- After you have downloaded the patch files, enable the anti-virus on your PC.
Use some VPN/Proxy service on your PC:
If the solution mentioned above didn’t solve your issue, you can use some VPN/Proxy service on your PC to fix your ffxiv unable to download patch files All you have to do is to download the VPN application from a trusted source then install it on your PC. Then, set up the VPN and after that connect to the VPN server. Then, try to download the ffxiv files on your PC. We hope this must have worked for you. If you are unable to download those files then try our other suggestions.
Modify the DNS Server:
This fix is one of the most underrated fixes when it comes to solving the ffxiv unable to download patch files. You can try this one if any of the above solutions didn’t work for you. Follow the steps mentioned below to change the DNS settings on your PC:
- Press Start Key + R on your PC to open the Run Utility box.
- In the utility box opened, type CPL and hit Enter.
- Then, you will see your internet connection mentioned in the new page, right-click on the icon of your internet connection and select Properties from the Context Menu.
- In the Networking tab, double-click on the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
- When a window pops up, click on Use the following DNS server addresses. Type 8.8.8 in the preferred server option and type 188.8.131.52. in the alternate DNS server.
- Check the box before the option Validate settings upon exit then, click on the OK
- Now, open a Command prompt as an administrator on your PC.
- Type ipconfig/flushdns and hit Enter.
- After the execution has finished, type ipconfig/release and then hit Enter. Now, type ipconfig/renew and then hit Enter.
- After the execution of these commands is finished, quit the command prompt and try to download the ffxiv patch files.
If this fix didn’t work, type 2.2.2. in the preferred server and 184.108.40.206 in the alternate DNS server. You can do it by following the same steps as mentioned above.
Disable the Windows Firewall on your PC:
The firewall may hinder the downloading of the patch files of ffxiv on your PC. You can download the patch files if you disable the firewall on your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to disable the firewall on your PC:
- Press Start Key + R to open the Run utility box on your PC.
- In the utility box, type CPL and press Enter.
- Click on the option Turn the Windows Firewall on or off.
- On the next screen, click on the option Turn off Windows Firewall to disable this feature on your PC.
- At last, click on the OK button to finish this process.
5. Delete the patch folder of FFXIV:
This fix has solved the ffxiv unable to download patch files issue of many users. Follow the steps mentioned below to delete the patch folder of ffxiv:
- Open File Explorer on your PC (you can open it by pressing Start Key + R).
- Click on the folder named Documents.
- Choose My Games folder from the next screen.
- Search the folder Final Fantasy XIV and double-click on it.
- Open the Downloads
- Now, open the patch
- Once you are in the patch folder, right–click on the file 4e9a232b and then, click on the delete option from the context menu.
After you have finished this procedure, try to download the patch files of ffxiv and see if your issue has been resolved.
In this article, we have discussed every possible solution to your ffxiv unable to download patch files issue. If your problem persists, feel free to contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have got a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PC games.